Pages

Monday, November 18, 2013

Christian Hospitality

We had an open house picnic on Saturday for our church family.
We wanted to share our new home with our friends 
and to thank God publicly for his provision in our lives.
The day was "iffy" but eventually the sun broke through the clouds.

One of my friends asked me on Sunday if I could relax now.
I realized what a peaceful event the picnic had been.
That is as it should be.
There was no one I felt was going to critique me.
There were so many hands to help if I needed a hand.
Many of my guests assumed host/hostess roles if they saw a need.

It was just FAMILY.

The menu was simple.
Baked Chicken Nuggets
Slow Cooker Baked Beans
Sweet Corn from NY
Baby Carrots with Dip
Grapes
Chips
___________________________________

Baked Chicken Nuggets

1 lb chicken
1/4 c flour
3/4 p salt
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp paprika (I used Smoked Paprika)
1/8 tsp cayenne
1/8 tsp black pepper
coconut oil - melted (1/8-1/4 c)

Cut chicken into small chunks.
Mix flour with seasonings.
Sprinkle flour and seasoning mix over chicken and mix well to coat.
Melt oil and drizzle over chicken to coat lightly.
Bake 450 for about 14 min.
________________________________

This weeks menu plan:
Mon. - Cheesy Meatloaf and leftover baked beans
Tues. - Cumin/Cinnamon Beef Stew
Wed. - Italian Pork Chops
Thurs. - Chicken Fiesta Soup
Fri. - Turkey Lettuce Wraps
Sat. - Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole

No comments:

Post a Comment