Pages

Monday, November 11, 2013

Beyond Being Picky

I was raised as a picky eater.
I may have actually thought that the only 2 vegetables were green beans and corn :)
When we began serving in ministry,
I was convicted of this bad trait.
It showed ungratefulness and a discontented spirit.
It hindered and discouraged others from ministering to me.

In my search to simplify,
I recently enrolled in "emeals" for some new ideas, variety, and ease of menu planning.
The plan was discounted through Groupon.
They offer all kinds of plans - g-f, healthy, vegetarian ...
Last week,
one of the meal options was herbed butter beans.
I bought the butter beans and waited for the day to try them.
I was discouraged when I opened the bag to find a very close kin to lima beans.
I do not care for lima beans and I just knew that hubby would be less than enthusiastic.
To our surprise - the dish was DELICIOUS!

SAVE TIME AND MONEY WITH EMEALS MEAL PLANS

What a pleasant surprise to find something new to enjoy with our meals.
Perhaps you will like them too!

Herbed Butter Beans

3 c frozen butter beans
1/4 c chopped fresh parsley
1/4 c lemon juice
1/2 tsp thyme
1 Tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp ground red pepper
1/4 tsp pepper
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp salt

Cook beans per directions on bag.
Combine cooked beans and remaining ingredients.



This week in the Bickish house

Sunday - Italian Pork
Monday - Chicken Cobb Salad
Tuesday - Spaghetti at a friend's house
Wednesday - Mustard Pork Chops
Thursday - Black Beans, Beef and Rice
Friday - Tuna and Rice
Saturday - Open House Picnic

No comments:

Post a Comment