Pages

Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Time for a Reset

 While not totally ignorant in the realm of electronics,
there is always a fair amount of frustration that comes when a device does not work as expected.
My beloved Fitbit is often the prime culprit.
It won't sync.
It won't scroll through the screens.
It is just acting peculiar.
And then it is time for the reset button.
Just the simple act gets the device working as designed.
Something had gotten in the way and need to be cleared.

I feel like life recently has put me in the need of a reset.
It is easy to fill "dead" time with amusements (literally without thoughts).
The "shutdown" gave an "excuse"
but there really is no excuse for not using every moment wisely.

God keeps putting his finger on my heart.
Lessons in Colossians about the new "clothes" or traits that I should be wearing.
Lessons from Philippians on forgetting the past and pressing toward things before me.
Communication with a young woman who was conscientiously curbing her screen time.
The desire to be the best example to those around me while watching some bad habits creep in.

I just need to hit reset.
Clear the clutter.
Choose the best.
Focus on things that are eternal, things that will last.
Practice godly disciplines in time, in thoughts, in Bible Study, Bible Memory, and Prayer.

No, the Tuesday Transformation is not a picture from my house.
It is not a change in my physique.
It is prayerfully a change of mind that leads to a change in action
(yeah, that's the definition of repentance and the basis of a true reset).

No comments:

Post a Comment