Pages

Tuesday, September 1, 2020

The Comfort of a Schedule

 Are you a regimented person?
Love it?
Hate it?

I suppose we are all wired differently in this area.

Hubby and I are definitely creatures of habit.
It has come to our attention as we interact with others
that our schedule is not only a framework for us,
but a framework for them as they relate with us.

"Let's get together ... just not Monday or Friday, right?"
"Did you make it on your run yesterday?"
"How was Burgerville last night?  You went, right?"
"You didn't walk yesterday, you run on Saturday mornings"

My mom knows what days I am cleaning and shopping.
The church people know when we interval run mostly because they see me huffing and puffing down the street.
By now many have figured out that USUALLY on Friday night we will be headed to Burgerville
(we will make an exception this week so that we can grill our own burgers on Labor Day).

There is comfort in the structure.
There is an ease of scheduling because I know that everything has a time.
It is fairly easy to make plans because I know when hubby has to study and what nights are free.
I know when I can work on "wife" projects after dinner and when we will have moments as a couple.

1 Corinthians 14:40
Let all things be done decently and in order.

Maybe our schedule is ordered to a fault,
but I do hope you have some type of a frame to hang your days on ...
Not a plan that pushes out spontaneity or ministry opportunities,
but a plan that gives you comfort knowing that you have a plan to accomplish the tasks before you
and maybe a plan that helps other people hold you accountable.

No comments:

Post a Comment