Pages

Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Not Later, How About Now?

Two weeks ago, I wrote about some jobs that I have been putting off,
those undesirable jobs that are not weekly, but do need done more than yearly
or more than just when packing to move.😀
Did you check any of the undesirable jobs off of your to-do list?

Funny thing is ... after I mentioned some of those jobs,
I was actually forced to address some of those dreaded jobs.

The day I wrote that blog, hubby came home sick.
So when he recovered, ALL the bedding got washed-
duvet cover, pillows ...
and since he was also in the living room ...
throw pillows and covers and blankets in there as well.

I really liked the not so gentle prod to get moving
and downloaded a phone app that gives me a good list of those infrequent jobs divided by week.
The first week was fairly easy - entryway, dining room, and hallway.
It did include the cobwebs outside the door that needed to be removed.

Last week, the focus was on the kitchen,
so the cupboards got washed,
the dreaded refrigerator cleaned,
and the stove cleaned.

Because of the holiday on Monday,
I haven't started this week's focus rooms,
but it will be the guest room and the 3 bathrooms.
Since I just scoured the bathroom floors,
this shouldn't be too bad.

And once again, I am forced to address some other undesirable jobs.
This actually does have to be put off for at least a day or two.
The Eastern Oregon fires are creating a great mess in our little valley.
The air is thick with ash and there is a silvery dust EVERYWHERE outside.
So the newly formed cobwebs are emphasized and the whole house exterior will need to be washed down.
The sidewalk will need to be washed.
So while it won't be addressed until the air clears,
there is no choice but to get out there and get it done.
Oh, and I guess the car will need a good cleaning as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment