Pages

Monday, December 13, 2021

Short Days

 Is anyone else feeling the effects of the shorter daylight hours?
With the shorter days and the grey skies, I surely am!
It was a cold damp weekend and today there was even some "slush" in the air.
I looked ahead and right now they are even predicting "slush" on Christmas day.
I don't know if that adds to the festivity or is just depressing 😀

With the presents all purchased and shipped,
I have a few cards to finish up tomorrow 
and then it is time to focus on Christmas Eve.
We get very excited about doing some special things for our church friends
and making a night that celebrated the true meaning of Christmas
and allows folks to just take a breath.

The children's choir is ready for a few special pieces,
the primary church pianist may be well enough to "duet" with me,
and there may be a few student piano pieces.

And now for the week's menu.
I have 4 new recipes this week.
That is a little unusual, but I guess I was feeling a little tired of the same old same old.
We tried 2 on Saturday - 
one was a hit and one was a miss.
I attribute the "miss" to the fact that you have to develop a taste for nutritional yeast.
I may come back to it someday and may try to add a little more spices to complement the odd flavor.

So, if you are interested in following the adventure ...
Here is this week's menu:

SaturdayBrown Rice Casserole (not a hit)
(would also be good without jackfruit)
Sunday:  Leftover Soup
Monday:  Singapore Noodles and Egg Rolls (freezer section)
Wednesday:  Breakfast for Dinner
Friday:  Salad and Fries

As for the tofu - well that is a definite experiment.
I have used it in smoothies, but not as a main dish.
I have typically avoided it and will probably only try it about once a month.
Tofu is a high source of plant protein,
but it also can affect hormones,
so I am taking it easy on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment