Pages

Tuesday, October 4, 2022

Take Nothing for Granted

 I can procrastinate with the best of them.
My life is fairly simple (isn't that my goal) which makes tasks fairly easy to juggle.
Last week, I mentioned that I was glad that I had finished painting a dresser.
It would have been terrible to see it staring at me for 6 weeks  ....
and hubby would have definitely wanted the space back in his garage.

So often, we think of not procrastinating in the realm of fixing relationships.
You never know what the next day will bring ...
death, illness, mental troubles.
But there is also the simple matter of just being deligent.
Get todays work done.
You never know what tomorrow holds.

I am "flying solo" again this week.
Hubby took his work back to the office.
I never would have imagined that I would be doing my everyday work with primarily one hand.
I am glad for the work that I stayed up on,
and sorry for the projects that I pushed to "tomorrow"
which may now be 5 more weeks.

Update:
I am one week into my healing.
I am primarily without pain except when I make a few odd movements without thinking.
I am actually using both hands to type this blog.
I have my first follow-up next Tuesday.
The surgeon said that he will remove the splint and cast the arm then.
I assume that there will be another xray - and I hope to hear that we are running ahead of schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment