Pages

Saturday, October 1, 2022

The 4-Year Old in Me

 Being restricted is a challenge.
My independent self does not like to rely on others.
I am often found making life "easier" for hubby in the kitchen.
This usually involves me trying to be independent, but instead making more work for him because of the mess I leave behind.
It involves me struggling for 15 minutes with tongue out and brow furrowed trying to button a shirt with one hand.
It involves strange scrawling on a grocery list or menu plan.

I am having to slow down, to think about the simplest tasks, to make extra trips.

One such activity is card writing.
It is one of the activities that I value as a special ministry.
While I might have to stop playing the piano for 6 weeks,
surely I can write a letter :)

You may receive one.
Please give grace.
The 4-year-old is trying.
This one is headed to Oregon.


The day after surgery, I filled the whole morning with a card and balancing checkbook because it took so long to write anything legibly.


No comments:

Post a Comment