Pages

Friday, October 14, 2022

The Little Things

During one of my workouts, the trainer talks about our skewed view of self.
She mentions how we might be upset about our size or shape,
and yet, we can move about when others cannot.
Perspective is a beautiful thing.

 It is often when we lose something that we appreciate it more.
It is often when growth or learning is slow that we value it more.

I may appreciate a home more than some, not because I have ever been homeless, but because I have borrowed homes for years.
I appreciate my meals more after I have been to a place where there are fewer allergy-friendly options.

This week, I am enjoying each little activity that returns to my schedule.
I tied my sneakers again this week.
I pulled my hair back in a ponytail (albeit a loose one) all by myself.
I opened a can with the can opener.
I made a pumpkin pie while hubby was at work.
I ironed using my casted hand to hold the iron.
And ... I mowed the lawn today.


Though I was disappointed to be put in a cast instead of a splint,
I learned through the x-ray reports that I actually had broken both of my lower arm bones.
(I feel like a true overachiever)
While only one bone needed surgery, the other needs the help of the cast to set.
I also realize that the stability of the cast is making some activities possible again.

And the slow progress makes me appreciate each activity more.

No comments:

Post a Comment