Pages

Thursday, October 6, 2022

A Changing Rhythm

 Immediately upon my accident,
my rhythm changed.
My resting heart rate immediately jumped.
Upon surgery, it jumped some more.
Change, pain, and discomfort led my body to speed up its rhythm.
I need more blood to the wrist to heal it.
In fact, the research shows that I need more calories during this time, even though I am not as active.

Not only has the rhythm of my body changed,
but the rhythm in the home has changed.
There is a rhythm of an electric dishwasher after lunch to spare hubby a few dishes and drying out his hands even more.
The kitchen often has 2 cooks now.
The workouts are slower and more thought out.
I am glad that this rhythm does not have to be indefinite.

And I am trying to speed things along.
The 6 week timetable may not change, but I want my wrist to heal strong.
So, I am thinking of nutrients:
protein, calcium, healthy fats, vitamin D, Potassium, Magnesium, and Vitamin C.
All are working together to heal my body.

So some of my meals have become more like medicine than enjoyable meals.
Daily I drink a green smoothie.


Almond milk - protein and calcium
Spinach - calcium, potassium, Vitamin K
Banana - potassium
Flax Seed - Iron, protein, healthy fats
Peanut Butter - Protein
Matcha Powder - antioxidants, anti-inflammatory
Maple Syrup - just to make it drinkable

It is actually a good smoothie anyway, but I have upped the flax seed which makes the texture a bit thick!
It is also great because I can actually make it myself.

2 comments:

  1. First glance on this page and all I could think was "That looks like a Shamrock shake, but it is too early for those to be available" Perhaps my sister has seen the light and gone back to processed foods that taste a bit like chemicals. Then I read the post and realized I was mistaken. Good news though - based on the ingredient list it looks like we both put inedible stuff in the things we drink. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Processed foods are not good for you. I do eat my fair share, but much less while trying to heal. I do have a healthier shamrock shake recipe if you need it in March. And ... There is nothing inedible here. Perfectly good.

      Delete