Pages

Friday, November 4, 2022

The Early Bird ...

 ...finishes a blog post.

The blog has been neglected ...
... not for lack of thinking about it,
but because I run out of steam by the end of the day,
I have usually overused my arm and it refuses to hang over a keyboard.

But, I just finished my grocery shopping
and saved so much time
that a morning blog post will be written.

The day that I wish to forget,
I had gone grocery shopping.
And then I was banned from driving!
Hubby took me shopping the next week,
but I could tell he was worn out and it was just one more thing to wear him out in addition to cooking and dishwashing.
Surely I could help him.

I discovered that I could get a Walmart+ subscription with free delivery for free for 4 weeks.
That would cover my time in the cast.
I also signed up for Kroger's delivery program for what we deemed a moderate fee.

It has worked surprisingly well.
This morning, my shopper was great and very communicative.
She even found me some marked-down products (big win)!

While it is not for everyone,
it has been a blessing in this season.
We even saved money this month because I wasn't seeing extra things that I "needed" while shopping.
It is a help in a one car family.
It allows me to restock bananas and spinach in the middle of the week as necessary.

And since everything I read says that I may have the best control of a car for about 8 weeks ...
I guess I will continue to see groceries on my doorstep.



No comments:

Post a Comment