Pages

Wednesday, January 4, 2023

Welcome 2023!

 We saw the beginning of the new year in a quiet way.
I am sure that we were in bed before 9:30 on New Year's Eve.
Our neighborhood was quiet (which has not been the case in either NC or OR).
We enjoyed New Year's Day at church.

I realize that changes can happen at any time
and should happen as they are needed,
but I do think more about changes at the beginning of a new year.
As I look through different "Word of the Year" choices that I have made,
I could use any one of them again.
I feel that I can always work on Contentment, Diligence, Dependence, and Righteous Consistency.


But this year ... I am thinking of "BLOOM."
I want to bloom where I am planted.
I want to improve, learn and grow.
I don't want to be stagnant.
I have a few projects that I started (some even years ago) that I want to finish.
I want to find my place of ministry here - even if it is different than it has ever been.
I want to be a source of "life" and "beauty" to others in my words and actions.

Psalm 1:3
And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, 
that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; 
his leaf also shall not wither; 
and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.

No comments:

Post a Comment