Pages

Thursday, January 26, 2023

Welcome Home!

 On this Thankful Thursday,
I have a double-sided note of Thanksgiving.

I am thankful that I got to travel with hubby on his latest business trip.
I am thankful that I have the flexibility to join him.
I greatly enjoyed flying again after nearly 5 years.
Hubby was sent to Orlando this time for a conference
and he had no assigned roommate.
So I booked the cheapest flight I could, 
packed my carry-on with oatmeal for breakfasts and pb&j's for lunches, and joined him.
We enjoyed the time away - 
I was glad to not be alone for nearly 4 days.
He was glad not to have to fill the evenings alone.

      

I am thankful to have tried a new dish one evening.
There was a little Greek restaurant near the hotel.
I was enticed by "Dolmades" - Meat and Rice wrapped in a grape leaf!
Just delicious!
Hubby tried them as well but had the Souvlaki (chicken skewers).


But ...
I am also thankful to be home again.
I love the quiet and structure of our home.
I love being able to cook healthy food at any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment