Pages

Monday, July 27, 2020

Don't mind the excess ...

It is not quite National Zucchini Day,
but it does appear that they are in season in these parts.

"August 8 Zucchini Day
Sneak Some Zucchini Into Your Neighbor's Porch Day on August 8th offers gardeners a way to rid themselves of extra produce. For some, this day offers a way to rid their garden of an overproducing squash plan."
No one has to sneak it on my porch.
I will make use of it.
In fact, a church friend brought some to share last Wednesday.
And aren't they so much prettier when the boy working in produce has not used it like a baseball bat?
We enjoyed it in our hash on Saturday.
We enjoyed "Faux Crab Cakes" made with zucchini tonight.
And tomorrow I will try a new muffin recipe complete with zucchini, applesauce, dates as the sweetener ...
sounds like a winner.
I am just in zucchini spirits because just writing these ideas makes me long to put some dish with zoodles (zucchini noodles) on the menu this week.

Hope you are enjoying some of the fresh fruits and veggies of the seasons.
The blackberries are just about ready here in town.
In fact, it is a struggle to pass so many as we walk to and from town - I just want to stop and snack!
 - I just have to find a good place to pick and a good time to do it.  In the PNW, they grow like weeds!  Then it will be time for a pie, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment