Pages

Monday, February 7, 2022

When the "Last Man Standing" Falls

 Covid has been a part of the world around us for 2 years now,
and we believe it finally came knocking on our door.

I have been absent from the blog because I have been sick
and have been nursing my partner when I have been well enough.

It is not surprising to have it now.
It has gone around both sides of the family.
And it was finally our turn.
It pretty much wiped out our church in the span of a couple of days.

The timing was not great (at least in our eyes),
but God knows and has a better plan.

It was special to watch how God has provided.
When mom was in her final days,
she enjoyed ice pops (the kind in the plastic sleeves).
I had just refreshed her supply when she passed.
Now my freezer was full of them.
I don't eat ice pops ...
except when I am sick with a fever and sore throat.
What a blessing to have the freezer stocked with something I never buy!

I decorated some jars at Christmas with Epsom salt.
I almost threw the extra away because it would be a mess to move.
But I didn't because God knew that it would help soothe the aching muscles in a bath.

I have already been working on cleaning out the pantry, 
so the stockpile of "sick" food was small,
but there were 2 boxes of jello,
2 cans of chicken noodle soup,
and extra OJ in the fridge.

We had enough to get through until I could get to a store.

And God knew that this would cancel and/or delay a survey trip,
but ...
one employer is going to give a virtual interview.
God doesn't need a survey trip to provide.

And remember that survey interview I mentioned 2 weeks ago.
I received another interview for tomorrow that also pays well.
God knew that these two surveys would cover a day of unpaid leave
if the sickness drags on for too long.

I am thankful for a body that can fight sickness.
I am thankful to be on the road to recovery again.
I am thankful that I was able to get the house disinfected today
and that the weather was warm enough to open the windows for a bit.

God is good - All the time!

And because we have been eating oddly,
I have no menu plan for this week.

We have been eating oatmeal a lot,
eggs, 
smoothies,
salads,
and comfort foods!

No comments:

Post a Comment