Pages

Wednesday, December 7, 2022

More Recovery Than A Wrist

 Other than the first 27 years of my life when I didn't know what a workout was,
I do not believe that I have ever had more than a week off from my workouts.
With surgery, splint, cast, and the first few weeks of wrist rehab,
I went 8-10 weeks without a really good workout.
Yes, I tried, but there was only so much I could do without jarring too much,
lifting too much,
or being in an unstable position.

On the Saturday after Thanksgiving,
hubby and I did our "Turkey Trot."
It was rough, but it was a start back into things.
We did 6 rounds of jog 2 minutes, and walk 2 minutes.

This week, I have started back at the beginning of the Couch 2 5K program.
The first week is a 60-second jog and a 90-second walk for 8 rounds.
I need to build my endurance and stamina back.
I also started back to more dedicated strength sessions instead of just cardio.
There is a bit of creativity involved to accommodate this weak, stiff wrist,
but it is good to be back.

I don't know how long the wrist rehab will take or how long it will be till I can use my 12 lb weights again,
but you have to start somewhere.


Right now I am rehabbing the wrist for 45 min to an hour 3-4 times a day.
I am "running" 3 times a week.
I am back to my workouts 5-6 days a week.

And when I am not rehabbing ...
there is the typical "woman's work."
But the house is fairly easy to keep in shape,
and I am keeping the meals simple and light after our holiday feasts.


No comments:

Post a Comment