Pages

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Like A Ship

Proverbs 31:14
She is like the merchants' ships;
she bringeth her food from afar.

Like a ship?  This one gave me some trouble.  How can I be like a ship?
Then some similarities came ...
the ship needs a captain,
the ship is well stocked,
the ship provide for others,
the ship goes through all types of waters.
Easy enough to apply, right?
I should be led and directed by the Lord and my husband.
I should plan ahead to provide for my home.
(I should not just spend the whole paycheck without thinking about the future.)
My job is to serve in my home - I should not be self-serving.
I can certainly relate to the last similarity - ALL types of waters.
Some days are smooth-sailing,
other times I am in mild rains,
and still other times - HURRICANE force winds!

Bringing food from afar.
This virtuous woman wanted the best for her family.
She sought for healthy food, nourishing food, different foods, perhaps even surprises.
She wanted the best that she could offer whether it was just next door or afar off.
This has been a hard lesson for me to learn.
I am easily a junk-food addict and easily fall into ruts in my cooking.
BUT, it is important for me to feed hubby and myself well.
It is wise to use our resources on healthy living today, rather than medical treatment later.
Hubby should look forward to "surprises" waiting for him after a shopping trip.
Modern conveniences mean that I do not often have to go far,
but I should be providing variety and healthy options in the home.


On another note:
I planted last Friday ...
beans, peas, beets, and cucumbers are all visible today!






No comments:

Post a Comment