Pages

Thursday, August 22, 2019

17 on the 17th


It is an easy choice again this week for Thankful Thursday.
Last weekend, we celebrated 17 YEARS!
I am thankful for my dear hubby!

God has blessed me beyond measure.
We have learned, grown, and been challenged together.
We have laughed, cried, laughed, and cried some more.
I have been challenged to see things differently.
I have been challenged to dig deeper into God's Word.
I have been challenged to be flexible when I didn't think I could.
I have been challenged to develop spiritually and physically.

My husband is a leader.
He is an example.
He takes my hand and he helps me.
He asks me what I read about in my devotions.
He asks me what verses I am memorizing.
He asks for the salad for lunch or dinner when we've been low on greens.
He exercises right beside me.

And our anniversary was special.
We had a beautiful day celebrating our marriage.
A slow morning of Bible reading.
A hike in a new location including blackberries along the route (all you can eat buffet)


A picnic lunch on the Willamette River.
Exploring a new town on foot.
Gluten-free, French Cappucino mini cupcakes from a local bakery.


Window shopping.
Green Goddess Salads at Panera with Madagascar Vanilla Cold Brew Almond drinks
And a sweet Hallmark movie to wrap it all up.

And in the midst of this - 
lest it seems to perfect and sweet - 
wrestling with smoke detectors going off for "no reason" (meaning I wasn't burning dinner).
Turns out that they didn't even need new batteries (though we drove to Freddies to get some).
They just needed a good cleaning!

Care for some of the stats:
17 years
A lot of Betta
6 jobs
5 homes
4 states
3 cars
2 trucks
1 special love

1 comment:

  1. We are grateful for your marriage, and for the 17 years God has given to you. May the coming year be a spirit-filled year of victory for you both. May the coming year reveal more of the purpose and plan of God that you have endeavored to follow, so that He receives more praise and honor.

    ReplyDelete