Pages

Monday, August 5, 2019

Yes, I Believe Time Flies

It is hard to believe that it has been over 2 months since we packed up and moved across the country.
The days have been speeding by.
With the move came some weeks of a certain "lost" feeling.
It is hard to reestablish routines and schedules after a month or so
of packing, traveling, unpacking ...
So I apologize for the lack of post
and will seek to get back to the updates and news.


I really enjoy setting up a new home.
There have been rooms to paint (to date I have done 8).
There has been furniture to place.
There have been new things to learn.
There has been the challenge of using what we have and fitting it to a new space 
with the effort of not accumulating even though for now we have a larger space 
since we don't know where we will find ourselves living at the end of this lease.

I still want to use the excess paint to freshen the garage.
This sounds odd, but it is our workout space and also acts like a covered porch when we open the garage door in the evenings.
We spend a lot of time in there and it will just cheer me to freshen it up!

I also want to refinish my dresser.
I am going to try using chalk paint which everyone builds up as so easy to use.
I'll let you know.

And in the meantime, the effort of trying to do the everyday tasks.

I have tried to keep my weekly schedule similar.
It varies a little since we changed to being a single car family again.
If I "oops" on shopping day, the day requires a 40 minute round trip to town by foot
to get the forgotten item.
Shopping day requires the extra trips to hubby's work.
But the payoff is worth it.
All in all, we save on gas.
The area is a little "puckered up" so it is nice to only need room for one vehicle.

And so today was cleaning day.
Though this home is larger,
it actually seems to be quicker to clean.
Though I miss the laminate floors,
it is definitely faster to vacuum.

And if I truly get back on my blogging schedule,
then I must leave you with a recipe today.

So here is our favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe.
I made a batch last week for hubby's coworkers.
They were a success.

Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies

ingredients
1 cup butter, room temperature
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 whole eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups almond flour
2.5 cups gluten-free oatmeal, put through blender or food processor
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
4.5 oz. grated semi-sweet chocolate (put the chips through a food processor)
12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup raisins (optional)

instructions
Cream the butter and sugar together until fluffy.
Add the eggs and vanilla, combine. 
In a separate bowl, mix together almond flour, blended oatmeal, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and grated chocolate.
Add to the butter mixture, and stir to combine.
Add chocolate chips and raisins (if you want).
Let the dough chill for at least one hour.
Bake for 9 minutes at 375 F.



No comments:

Post a Comment