Pages

Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Not My Way

A storm is moving in for tomorrow ...
a pleasant breeze is blowing through the house ...
some pumpkin/gingerbread muffins are in the oven ...
and I should be blogging about the last room in the house ...
but ...
this week's Tuesday Transformation is not in the house,
but rather in me.


Change is always hard.
Moving across the country has not been easy.
So often, we wanted to cut our losses and run "home" - back to the familiar.
We wanted to devise our own way.
We wanted the familiar.
We wanted an easy path.

Every time we wanted to "cut and run,"
the Lord would send a confirmation.
He would show us that change happens everywhere.
He would show us that we had not made a mistake.
He would give an encouraging word from an unlikely source.
He would send a verse, a sermon, a podcast, ...

It is God's nature to be merciful and gracious.
When my faith is small,
He can grant more or grow that small faith.

Over and over again,
as we face the changes in our world,
God is faithful to show me where I need change.
where I need to be transformed.
Small faith is one of those areas.
I am thankful for His faithfulness and direction.



No comments:

Post a Comment