Pages

Saturday, January 4, 2020

Building Strength: Resolution 1

It is typical this time of year to hear of resolutions.
"I will work out more."
"I will lose weight."
The local gyms are packed with people starting the year by making a change.
There are many new runners along the side of the road.
The local stores are advertising weights, yoga mats, and protein shakes.

I will admit,
we did buy a new pair of dumbbells to add to our collection😃

I do advocate good health.
I like to encourage exercise.
I try to be a balanced example in my eating.

But more important than physical muscles and strength
is building a reliance on God.

Psalm 105:4
Seek the LORD and his strength.

I need to seek Him and His strength
in service, 
in everyday tasks,
in hard places,
for wisdom and direction,
for victory over sin,
in ministry,
in my finances,
in the face of temptation,
in sickness,
in areas to exercise discipline,
for guidance in witnessing.

Later in Psalm 105 ...

Psalm 105:37
...there was not one feeble person among their tribes.

Out of all the Jews in the wilderness, ... not one lacked strength.
They had the LORD's enabling and strength.
Why then do I try to work in my own strength when His is so much greater?

No comments:

Post a Comment