Pages

Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Nearing Normalcy

 It seems as if our world has been upside down for a long time.
I guess since the cancer diagnosis in October 2021.
There were a lot of unknowns.
And even as plans began to unfold,
there was still the temporary.


Tonight, I sit in my garage ... Grilling supper.
It feels good and it feels normal.
I was able to clean through the whole house on Monday as usual without too many organizational decisions stalling me.
The laundry and ironing are current.
The boxes and drawers left to be contemplated are dwindling.
The stacks of paperwork that have been shuffled here and there are dissipating.
The last of the window coverings are enroute.

It feels good to be a homemaker again.
It is easy to compare ... To make excuses.
It is easy to downplay what God has called me to do.
It is a sin that I struggle with.
Recently it has been diminishing the value of my "little" house,
Or the work that my "little" house requires,
Or my "little" property and its responsibilities,
Or my peaceful work and workplace.
But it is my calling and it is the best work I can do right now.

1 comment: