Pages

Tuesday, June 20, 2023

Will There Be an Asterisk?

 I Kings 11:1
"But king Solomon loved many strange women, ..."

I read this verse in my devotions last week.
I wondered ... "What would someone add to the description of my life?"
"What draws me away from the Lord?"
"But Sandra was distracted by her home."
"But Sandra shortened her Bible time regularly."
"But Sandra was lifted up in pride."
"But Sandra ..."

Solomon started well.
Remember his request for wisdom instead of wealth and fame?
Unfortunately, it ended with a "But king Solomon ..."

Unfortunately, we often have to add asterisks to Christian ministries or ministers these days.
I went to this college (*before this date or event).
This music source is good (*if you get the music before this date).
I went to this church (*before it loosened its standards).

I don't want a "But Sandra ..."
I don't want an asterisk.

I want to stay the course.
I want to be faithful.


No comments:

Post a Comment