Pages

Monday, January 15, 2024

Winter Memory Verse

 Once each month,
I get to help in the bus kids' class during the morning worship service.
Typically, I teach the memory verse.
This week was no exception.

Since we were expecting some kind of winter weather,
I decided to build the verse review around snow, specifically snowman building.

Here is the verse:


I love my pocket chart.  It is great for memory work!

We recited the verse and then removed words of the verse.
This is nothing new.
But ... on the back of each piece is the name of a "part" of a snowman.
The boys and girls competed to build their snowmen.
They could earn an eye, a stick arm, a hat ...


If the boys were working harder,
they got to remove a word and get a snowman piece.
If the girls were more attentive,
they got to remove a word and get a snowman piece.
I could even let both teams go on the same turn - if they were working hard enough.

The idea worked great with full participation and good spirits.
The girls won, but not by too much.


No comments:

Post a Comment