Pages

Saturday, January 13, 2024

Flashbacks

 This past week was like a "flashback" for me.
About this time last year, I joined hubby in Orlando, FL while he had training.
When his plans were being made this year,
there were some events in my future that had not found a place on the calendar yet so I stayed home.

So for 4 1/2 days, I was reminded of my days as a military wife.
The days were long and quiet.
I did get a lot of cleaning, sorting, and "pitching" done.
I could be thankful for more communication than the "good ol' days."
I am so glad for cell phones!

And to greet hubby on his return this afternoon - 
a batch of cookies.
The blogger who gave me the recipe labels these the "Healthiest Cookies Ever!"


The ingredients were simple :
walnuts, dates, flax seed, water, vanilla, salt, baking soda, apple cider vinegar, and chocolate chips
Healthy fats, unprocessed sweeteners, fiber ... Wow!

I halved the chocolate chips (using only a 1/4 cup) as well as grinding them a bit in the food processor.
And I used "cocoa nibs" for missing half of the chocolate chips.

Hubby ate 4 as soon as he walked in the door.
Score one for wifey!

Now it is time to serve up the "Eat the Rainbow" Soup for dinner.
If you haven't tried it yet,
this might be a great week with the plunging temperatures!

No comments:

Post a Comment