Pages

Saturday, June 8, 2024

What's 30 Minutes?

30 Minutes!

It can be a "lifetime" or it can be a "blink of an eye."

To me, public speaking for 30 minutes is a lifetime (at least in front of adults).
To me, 30 minutes of extra sleep can be a lifesaver.
30 minutes can be the time it takes to make a batch of muffins.
30 minutes can be all it takes to burn dinner.
30 minutes can be one encouraging podcast.

This week, I reached the final "week" of the couch-2-5K program for the 3rd or 4th time.
This week, 30 minutes meant 30 minutes of jogging/running with no stops.
I don't think I ran quite a 5K in that time,
but I did succeed in sticking with it.
30 minutes this week is meeting a goal.
30 minutes is an investment in my health.


And if you are interested in the challenge,
I recommend the "Just Run" app.
It is just that:
It starts at week one with simple intervals
and works to week 9 with a 30-minute run.
The app includes no music, just a simple timer and a voice to tell you when to walk or run!


No comments:

Post a Comment