Pages

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The Blessings Pile Up

So all of the excitement of this week also led to a lot of uncertainty. The biggest problem was that we had terminated our lease and needed a place for the month of September. I headed to the leasing office this morning and was told that our place was already rented and due to be occupied on September 6. So I left and headed back to the apartment to research other options. Before I reached my apartment, my cell phone rang and it was the leasing agent asking why I had asked the question. When I explained the situation, she said that current residents had preference and we could stay. So my thought ran to "What will the month to month rent be?" Last year our lease agreement had listed rent at about $1300 for a month to month arrangement, so I expected higher this year. When I talked to the property manager this afternoon, she said we were good for September for just an additional $100 per month. I just stared at her and clarified it every way that I could and she held to it. Praise the Lord! I am relieved not to have to "move" an extra time, no need for storage ...

Another blessing of the temporary duty is that we will actually get to leave on September 30. The ship was not going to let Chris leave until September 30 and then he would have had 10 days of "work" here in WA to "process out." No he can process out before September 30 and we can be on our way!

Chris also confirmed today that had he not removed himself from the chief induction this month, he never would have had this opportunity either. WOW!

Psalm 93:4 The LORD on high is mightier than the noise of many waters, yea, than the mighty waves of the sea.

2 comments:

  1. So I here you guys are moving really close to us here at Liberty. Thats pretty cool. I know Cassandra definitely wants to come visit you guys sometime...and you should come visit all of us, we have a spare bedroom! Anyway, it's been fun reading your blog and catching up on your life. You should take a look at ours too. http://anwayates.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you found the experimental blog and passed it on to your mom. I figured it would be an easy way to be "found" if anyone was searching. We will be in southern NC so yes, we will be much nearer to VA - We will have some spare rooms ... just give us time to get settled :)

    ReplyDelete