Pages

Monday, August 11, 2008

Last Leg of the Race


So the count is now under 50 days! Hooray!

So that puts Sandra in the middle of piles of boxes recovered from dumpster diving around the apartment complex and piles of junk mail ads collected in the last few months. Hubby wisely said "no" to the packing materials that IBM (doesn't it mean I've Been Moved) moves had made me accustomed to (new boxes, bubble wrap, and white newspaper). Yes, it is moving time. All the belongings go in boxes and the apartment gets scrubbed from top to bottom. So my question is ... why don't I clean like this while I live in the place? Yes, I have been behind the refrigerator and the stove and even found a Mr. Potato Head arm that had been lost :) I am also spackling like crazy because an apartment is not home until the walls are covered with personal affects. And what do you want to know about Washington? Our two big problems, which are more obvious when "white gloving" to leave are these - mold and spiders! There is your fun fact of the day.

What does all this packing inspire? We are incredibly blessed people. I can not believe how much STUFF, how many clothes, how much food we have. God has been so good to us. Even in tough economic times, how can we complain when we have so much?

Psalm 68:19 Blessed be the Lord, who daily loadeth us with benefits, even the God of our salvation. Selah

No comments:

Post a Comment