Pages

Saturday, July 26, 2008

The Law of Supply and Demand

Anyone who drives understands this law right now. Gas prices have soared and hit budgets in a big way. We studied it in government and economics class. The truth of this can be proven over and over again. The more we have, the lower the price ... the less we have, the higher the price. I have seen this law at work over the past few months and have heard from Chris that it is a frequent topic in the office and plants at work. What are the simple pleasures of life worth?

I have realized the value of a simple hug, a kiss at the end of a day, a hand to hold in a stressful situation. I was shopping for tickets to visit Dubai, UAE for a port call. The tickets were ridiculously priced (say $2000) ... and I actually considered it! Yes, a moment with my hubby was worth $2000 and 48 hours of travel.

So what does it teach me? Am I valuing the life that I have in the here and now? Do I appreciate what God gives each day, or only when it is removed for awhile?

Psalm 13:5-6 "But I have trusted in thy mercy; my heart shall rejoice in thy salvation. I will sing unto the LORD because he hath dealt bountifully with me."

No comments:

Post a Comment