Pages

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

A Minimalist?

I am in NO way a minimalist (though someone in my house just might be), but I sure do admire a simple life.  I will claim that perhaps it is just a little of the educator left in me that always wonders ... what could I repurpose that as?  There is also the side that says, will I just have to repurchase that if I get rid of it?

I mentioned finding some books on simplicity while I was at the library the other day ... and that is why I have disappeared from the blogosphere.  Once started, the books prompted me to once again go through the trailer evaluating the "stuff" inside.  Is it useful?  Do I love it?  and one question of my own ... Do I want to move it soon?  I definitely do not want to be ruled by my stuff. 

I began with some books and have quickly become an eBay seller again, trying to lighten the load (3 out and some 50 to go).  Then it was through the house and cupboards with the goal of a yard sale.  I don't know if I will come up with enough stuff, but maybe I can combine with another family or two to entice some buyers. 

1 comment:

  1. hey, you've had the same idea I've had recently... If you don't mind paying 10 bucks you could sale at the farmer/flea market that just started at the fair grounds every Tuesday from 8 to 4... I've been trying to get my family in on it too. We need to clean up and clean out all this "stuff"

    ReplyDelete