Pages

Monday, March 28, 2011

Assumptions

How often I presume to know how God will work.

How often I see the "best" way.

How often I assume that bigger is better,
that more is best,
that my plan is the right plan.

Assumptions are dangerous.

His ways are higher than my ways.
He is not dictated by my plans.


Psalm 18:30
As for God, His way is perfect.


How often I presume to know why folks act the way that they do.

How often I see what they "should have" done.

How often I assume the worst about people.

Assumptions are dangerous.

Kinda reminds me of the statement not to judge
"until I've walked a mile in their shoes."

Instead of making assumptions, I need to be in prayer
for God's will,
for my acceptance of His will,
for others,
for my forgiveness of others
for wisdom and discernment in relationships.

No comments:

Post a Comment