Pages

Thursday, March 17, 2011

AAAHH!

While Spring Break is not over, our little "staycation" is.  We opted to stay near Shelby and enjoy a schedule-free vacation.  We spent Monday in Greenville, SC.  We visited a book store, a beautiful little park, a small zoo, a new mall, and enjoyed dinner at our favorite restaurant.  Tuesday was spent helping a friend pursue employment - it was a grey day and the perfect weather for going around in the car.  Yesterday was my violin lesson and 2 piano lessons while hubby helped a friend with his brakes. 

Today we are back to work.  Hubby is at the farm and this little girl is working on piles of laundry and will try to get another room "spring cleaned."  If I finish this room, then I will only have ONE left.  By Saturday, the lawn (or weeds) will also get mowed for the first time this season.  I think there are also quite a few weeds to pull in my perennial garden.  ... OH, and I mustn't forget the exercise ... after the vacation from my kitchen ... well, you get the idea!

It is Thankful Thursday ... I am thankful for the little rests that refresh us so that we can keep going in whatever work the Lord has called us to.

1 comment:

  1. I like that you mentioned the word rest. I have been doing a word study on that word lately. Many wonderful verses have been refreshed in my mind as the circumstances of life continue. A favorite - Psalms 37:7 Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for him: ...

    Love keeping up with your blog.

    ReplyDelete