Pages

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Learning

I think that I could very happily be a life-long classroom student, if God had not chosen me to be a wife and the finances would allow.  While I can't remain in school forever, I never want to stop learning.  I heard 2 very good messages at school this week during Bible Conference and 1 right before spring break.  Check out Marc Monte's messages on Biblical Separation and Servanthood as well as Rich Tozour's message on A Table in the Wilderness (a message on trusting God and seeing His provision).  If you have dial up or want to download these messages for another time check out Ambassador's sermon page.

I also learned this week that aloe plants do not like to sit in a sunny window in NC.  Aloe plants are fairly hardy and I have kept one alive now for quite awhile.  It has sat in my kitchen since we moved to Shelby.  Recently, with my spring cleaning, I had an empty table in the living room and decided to move it move my plant to a place of prominence.  Bad Idea!  My aloe plant, which is perfect for burns, got a sun burn itself!

Garden update:  Peas are still doing well, I can distinguish spinach, lettuce, beets, onions, and carrots.  I have planted tomatoes, cukes, squash, melons ... inside awaiting the final frost.  I also just purchased some beneficial nematodes ... these parasitic worms are supposed to help me in my fight against cut worm and squash bugs without harmful dusts and sprays.  I let you know how it turns out!

The second message in the Haggai series will be delivered tomorrow.  The first was on priorities, the second on discouragement and seeing Christian service and ministry as God does.  The Sunday School hour will be on Acts 6 - 7:  Qualifications of a deacon, the preaching of Stephen, and the martyrdom of Steven - way too much to get into one hour!

Have a pleasant Lord's Day!  See you next week!

1 comment: