Pages

Monday, March 19, 2018

Ole!

We were able to entertain again this Sunday.
It was Spring Break and we could have 3 of the students over for lunch.
I like to build a meal around a theme, if I can ...
so I went with the Mexican theme this time.

Enchiladas, Spanish Rice, Chips and Salsa, Guacamole.
I am always hesitant on the guac but for one of our guests, 
it was definitely the pot of gold!
(when I make guac it is typically just mashed avocado with lime juice and garlic salt)

The enchilada recipe was acquired in Washington state while we lived there.

Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas

4 chicken breasts cooked and cubed or shredded
 1 pt sour cream
 1 1/2 cans cream of ? soup (walmart now carries these gluten free)
 3/4 - 7 oz can green chilis
1 bunch green onions chopped
12 large flour tortillas (gluten free if necessary)
1 1/2 c shredded cheddar cheese (or Mexican blend)

Topping:
1/2 can cream of ? soup
1/4 of can green chilis
nice size spoon of sour cream
enough milk to make pourable (I omitted this)

Put small amount in bottom of pan.
Roll tortilla with filling (1st 4 ingredients mixed together)
Pour rest of topping over top.
Cover with cheese.
Garnish with green onion.

Bake 325* for 40 min. covered with foil

I once again tried the church trick.
I put in 200* oven as I left for church
then upped it just when I got home.
It worked, but I should have added the cheese when I got home.
It got nicely browned which had good flavor,
but was a little tough.

No comments:

Post a Comment