Pages

Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Take Heart

"Be more careful to serve Him perfectly,
than to serve Him much."

As my "happy home" book concluded,
the author encouraged women in the home.
She speaks to the woman who seems (in her own mind)
to have the same work day in and day out.
There does not seem to be advancement.
The praise may be irregular or non-existent.

She definitely encouraged me with the reminder.

God has called me to my place in the home.
The work may not be flashy.
The work may not elicit the praise  of men.
The work may be repetitive.
But it is God's work.
It is the work I was called to.

I must serve Him as He desires
and not as the flesh desires.

He wants me to serve and please my husband.
He wants me to guard and keep the home.
He wants me practice and develop the traits of a Proverbs 31 woman.

Take heart.
It is not in busy-ness and much service that God is pleased.
It is in a heart that wants to follow Him as He has directed.

No comments:

Post a Comment