Pages

Wednesday, March 14, 2018

A Chink Filler?

In reading my old-fashioned (but oh so challenging)
book on a happy home,
I was challenged to the life of a chink filler.

When you step into a log cabin,
you notice the beautiful logs and beams,
hopefully you don't notice the chinking.
But if the chinking is missing,
you sure will notice.
The home will be cold and drafty.

Often in the home or in ministry or in the work place,
someone has to provide the chinking.
It is those jobs that no one notices, unless they are not done.

I often have a hard time when someone asks me what I do all day,
I feel inadequate because the list seems feeble,
there are a lot of things that I don't even remember by the end of a day ...
but this chapter encouraged me.
Not always is life full of "big" things ...
sometimes life is sweeping a floor,
putting away clutter,
doing just the little things.
But those little things are the things that make a house or a ministry run well.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete