Pages

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

"Teachers of Good Things"

Titus 2:3
The aged women likewise,
that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness,
... teachers of good things;

I have been thinking again this week about the traits that God's woman should have.  Yesterday was a long day at home, I missed my hubby and began wishing that I was teaching again, I wished that God had not commanded a woman to be a "keeper at home."  How am I to teach good things if I have few opportunities for it?  I had already been dwelling on this verse for other reasons and continue to come back to the fact that my life can teach louder than my words in a "teaching" setting.  Am I disciplined in my time, activities, Bible study, Bible memory, eating, physical exercise?  Am I disciplined with joy?  Am I careful in my daily duties to present an orderly home?  Am I peaceful in my sphere or do I let the cares of the day sway me?  Think of the women that taught you the most.  Was it simply their words or did they teach by example?

Today I have a little more laundry.  I pulled the remaining beets, but I think that they will just go with dinner rather than being processed.  Hubby gave me a list of minor tasks and then I think that I will work on Sunday School curriculum today.  Have a good day wherever God has placed you!

1 comment:

  1. Sandra, I'd have to say you are right. When I think of the women who influence me most for Christ is isn't those who simply speak about the things of God but those who LIVE the things of God. In the short time I have gotten to know you, you have become one of those women that I am so thankful for. Not because I sat under your instruction at any time but because of the love you have for the Lord that shows in everything you do. :) AMEN!

    ReplyDelete