Pages

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Enjoying the Morning

Psalm 5:3
My voice shalt thou hear in the morning, O LORD;
in the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee, and will look up.

I am far from a morning person.  I would rather stay up late and get up around 8 or 9 in the morning, but the Lord is teaching me to enjoy mornings.  The climate around here aids in pushing me out of bed: any outdoor exercise must be done before the heat of the day, the garden needs water before the heat, and if there are to be any baked goods in the house ... that too should be done before the little trailer itself is an oven.  As hubby leaves for work at 6:15,  I try to get the day started.  I have 2 loads of wash out, have baked hubby a peach-plum pie, have walked for 30 minutes and have thoroughly enjoyed the quiet of this morning.  I love my morning walks ... it is then that I work on verse memory and prayer ... 30 minutes of uninterrupted prayer and meditation on God's Word.  Perhaps this is why the Psalmist enjoyed the mornings as well.  Do you have a peaceful time for reading, praying, studying, and meditating?  It is hard for most wives and especially for mothers ... there are so many demands on your time ... perhaps a half hour before the first soul stirs in the house would charge you for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment