Pages

Monday, July 12, 2010

Cornmeal Pancakes

Had a great day at church yesterday.  I was feeling very drained and was tempted to stay home, but went anyway.  The Lord truly blessed.  One of my favorite evangelists spoke in the evening service.  You see, I like cookies, and he puts the cookies on the bottom shelf.  The message was on truly living a contented Christian life -accepting God's plan with a thankful and contented heart.  This thought has been a great struggle for me as we struggle with infertility and its effect on where we thought God had called us.  Faith is a very hard path to follow, resting in God and not in self (even though we know that His ways are best) is difficult.  But I am recharged to "bloom where I am planted."  His way IS best!

I have mentioned before that we often have one night of the week that we have breakfast for dinner.  I found a recipe for cornmeal pancakes on the Yogurt container last week.  They cooked up moist, fluffy, substantial, and topped with peaches and strawberries - THEY were FABULOUS!

Cornmeal Pancakes
1 c flour
1/2 c cornmeal
3 TBSP sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp salt
1/3 c raisins, plumped (I omitted because of the fresh fruit)
1 1/2 c vanilla yogurt
2 large eggs
1/4 c oil

1.  Mix dry ingredients in bowl ten stir in raisins.  Stir moist ingredients in another bowl and then stir into flour mixture until blended.
2.  Cook by 1/4 cupfuls (makes about a 3 1/2 inch cake)

Waiting for the skies to clear so that I can take a little walk.  So thankful for the rain this morning to water the garden and the browning lawn.

No comments:

Post a Comment