Pages

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Accountability

Ecclesiastes 4:9-10
Two are better than one;
because they have a good reward for their labour.
For if they fall, the one will lift up his fellow:
but woe to him that is alone when he falleth;
for he hath not another to help him up.

I am thankful today for my life's accountability partner.  I hope by now that you know that I have the utmost respect for marriage and for God's design in marriage.  I do not believe in belittling your spouse, I do not believe in "in-law" jokes ... I love being married to the one God gave to me and I appreciate him more and more each day.  God gave me a man who encourages me to be a better person.  I know of many a husband who does not give their wife an example of faithful Bible study.  I am encouraged each morning as hubby gets up an hour or so before me to spend time with the Lord.  There are many men who are afraid to encourage their wives in healthy pursuits (i.e. excercise and healthy eating), my husband wants me to have a long, fulfilling life and shares my workouts and cuts his sweets to support me.  Weekly my dear one asks me how my Bible memorization is coming and if I want to recite some for him.  Dearest also encourages me in difficult pursuits, spurring me on when I just want to quite (can anyone say - violin?)  Not all of my readers are married, but I do hope that you have someone who leads you to a higher standard for yourself.  If you do have a life's mate, I hope you are developing open communication that allows constructive help and encouragement in Biblical living.


No comments:

Post a Comment