Pages

Monday, July 5, 2010

Celebrating our Freedom!

The fourth of July is a great holiday.  It is good to remember and to appreciate the blessings of God on our country and the freedoms that we still enjoy today.  I enjoy the patriotic hymns and the family get-togethers.  It has a new face since I married 8 years ago.  After living the military life for 6 years, I realize more (though not completely) the price of the freedoms that I enjoy.  The Star-Spangled Banner's second verse brings tears to my eyes as I think of those who stand "between their loved homes and the war's desolation."  There are many families who were separated this weekend, because they believe in freedom and are willing to sacrifice for my family. 

The holiday also becomes more sober as I think of the fact that there is little left that God should bless.  We have left Him out of so much of our lives.  We have relegated Him to one day or lumped Him with false gods in an effort to "just get along."  America is no longer a Christian nation and unless she turns back in revival, there is little to look forward to in her future.

I love America and am glad to be a citizen of the greatest country in the world, while still weeping at the fact that we have left behind many of the principles that she was founded on.

No comments:

Post a Comment