Pages

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Longsuffering

I Corinthians 13:4a
Charity suffereth long,...

So have you thought much about true love this week in your home?  Have you tried to have a selfless love?  In the definition of charity, one of the traits of this amazing love is longsuffering.  Hubby analyzed this word last week in Sunday School.  It is the act of enduring offenses repeatedly for an unmeasured time.  I have talked to wives who have lost this aspect of love.  Instead of enduring offenses, they want to recount offenses.  It is my job to endure.  What do you need to endure?  Is it the dirty clothes that don't make it to the laundry hamper or laundry room?  Is it dirty boots through the nice clean kitchen?  Is it a pile of paperwork that never seems to disappear?  Maybe it is a habit that you find annoying?  The point is that true love will continue to move the dirty laundry, rescrub the kitchen floor, work around the pile of papers and look past the annoying habit.  By the way, don't you like when your hubby is longsuffering towards you.  I am glad that hubby doesn't throw me overboard for ironing "summer creases" into his clothes - you some are here and "summer" there.  I am glad he is patient when the clothes are quite folded to military specs.  I am glad that he is patient when dinner is burned, dried out, or just plain BAD! 

In addition to working on the trait of longsuffering.  I plan to sew today.  I cut out a formal dress (a skirt and two tops) on Monday and hope to get the skirt sewn today.  I also have started a blanket for a baby gift and need to start a wedding cross-stitch very shortly. 

Have good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment