Pages

Friday, July 23, 2010

It's HOT!

a cool mountain stream sounds good right now

Well, it seems that the whole nation is in a heat wave.  I know that it is hot here.  I think the hard part about it is that there has not been a break in weeks.  As I walked hubby to the car at about 4:15 it was not even cool out ... maybe 75*.  I especially feel for hubby who is out in the heat for 8-10 hours each day.  Just about 1 month left and he is back to school.

my "miracle grow" cucumber

I have been doing my own work (or failing in my work).  As I watered the garden the other day, I found this cucumber hiding in the pole beans.  No, I don't use Miracle Grow, but this Armenian cucumber measures nearly 18 inches and I have a feeling that it won't be any good because it is so big - but if it is ... it will make quite the cucumber salad!  The tomatoes are coming faithfully and there are now blossoms on the beans!

I had some winners and losers this week in the area of cooking.  Bacon and Herb Grilled Grits Cakes were YUCK!  I know, most of you will say "icky" just by reading the name, but I was trying to find some edible way to use up the grits that I have  in the cupboard.  Grilled okra was AWESOME  and hubby approved of yellow squash simmered in fresh tomatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment