Pages

Monday, February 4, 2019

Feeling Satisfied at the End of the Day

Aahh!  The end of a Monday.
Monday is my cleaning day and at the end, I am tired.
Today was satisfying though.
I felt like I accomplished a lot more than I have in a while.

I am enjoying finally sitting down for the night.
The house and especially horizontal surfaces are cleaned and tidied.
Dishes done.
Laundry done.
Vanilla Cedar candle burning
as well a Campsite Coffee (Which smells like Dunkin Donuts).
I just took hubby's black bean brownies out of the oven
and have 7 minutes until the vegan gingerbread cookies are done.
The shifting, sliding piles of papers are gone.
It just feels good.

I listened to podcasts while I worked today
and each one ended with this quote ...

"You can't always change or control your circumstances,
but you can change and control your attitude."

A reminder of God's commands to be in control (or to let the Holy Spirit control) of my emotions.

 And let the peace of God rule in your hearts,
 to the which also ye are called in one body; 
and be ye thankful.
Ephesians 3:15

It also reminded me of a facet of one of yesterday's sermons that struck me.
"Charity envieth not ..."
It's been a struggle recently.
While it may be easy to rejoice with the good news of others,
it is not always easy to control the emotion of envy as well.

Tomorrow?
Well - taxes, closing the financial books on January and its bills 
and working on some Valentine's Day goodies.

No comments:

Post a Comment