Pages

Tuesday, October 26, 2021

When the Real "You" Comes Out

 We often use an example of a teabag.
You may not know what is in the tea bag UNTIL it is put in hot water.
It is then that the tea, the flavor, seeps out.

I must say that I was faced with that situation this summer.
When the heat turned up,
when things got busy,
when there were more demands on my time,
I could see what was inside.

Unfortunately,
Some days, I most clearly saw my own selfishness.
Oh, how I wanted a morning to myself.
Oh, how I missed one shopping trip a week.
There were easier ways of fulfilling the tasks presented.
Why couldn't things be done MY way?

In seeing my selfishness,
I could work on it.
I could serve as Christ wanted me to serve.
I could remember that one day I might need daily help.
One day, I might be asking for help in ways that could be simplified.
I could remember that life is not all about ME.

Jesus was a servant - He served with humility.
I needed to follow suit.

What are the pressures of life showing you today?
Instead of blame-shifting,
why not work on you?
Why not let something sweet come out of your teabag?

No comments:

Post a Comment