Pages

Thursday, October 28, 2021

Don't Forget the Gift

 Psalm 100:4
Enter into His gates with thanksgiving,
and into His courts with praise:
Be thankful unto Him,
and bless His name.

As a church musician, 
we are entering into a busy season.
There is special music for Thanksgiving
and then without a break there are the anthems of Christmas.

Currently, I am working on both seasons with the church children
and two songs include music based on Psalm 100 for Thanksgiving.

Perhaps it is just me,
but I am intrigued with gates.
I am drawn in by secret gardens and courtyards.
There is something peaceful about a courtyard.
There is something inviting about a gate.
And the Lord invites us, commands us, to visit these places with thanksgiving and praise.
When I am invited to a home, I like to take a hostess gift - 
flowers, soap, candles, food treat.
And my host makes the gift easy.  
Just come with praise.

There is so much to be thankful for.
I mentioned earlier that I am so thankful for the break in the rain on Saturday for the picnic.
I am thankful for the hope that God gives when the way is dark.
I am thankful for the man that I get to serve and minister with.
I am thankful that he supports my ministries and strengths.
I am thankful for health and strength.
I am thankful for the sale of my MIL's truck today (and more room in the driveway).
I am thankful for a break in the rain to walk to town and to mow the lawn today.

Let Our Lives Be Full of Both 
Thanks and Giving

No comments:

Post a Comment