Pages

Wednesday, December 29, 2021

Success

 Proverbs 31:27
She looketh well to the ways of her household, 
and eateth not the bread of idleness.

It is a goal to live out this verse in my home.
I desire to serve my household well.
Today felt like a success in meeting this goal.
Unfortunately, it is not always the case.

The past two months have been full of distractions - 
some good, and some that should have been ignored.
Distractions are not always great in accomplishing goals.

With Thanksgiving and Christmas services behind us,
with gifts and cards sent out,
with a few weeks when fatigue just hit strong in the rearview mirror,
I feel like I can focus again.

Of course, there will still be distractions - 
but I rejoice in the victorious days.

Today, another room got steam-cleaned carpets.
Today, the garage was tidied after digging out Christmas decorations and decorating both at home and church.
Today, shipping boxes got broken down and put in the recycle bin.
Today, I closet got cleaned and straightened.
Today, the workout was finished in time to clean up before hubby arrived home.

It is easy to get discouraged.
You may not always reach your goals,
but rejoice in the little things -
rejoice in the successes.
I know I am today.

We have another "snow day" from church tonight.
So thankful for the archives of other churches that will provide spiritual food tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment