Pages

Monday, March 20, 2023

Frustrating, but profitable

 And the ass saw me, and turned from me these three times:
Unless she had turned from me, 
surely now also I had slain thee, and saved he alive.
Numbers 22:33

But as for you, ye thought evil against me; 
but God meant it unto good, to bring to pass, 
as it is this day, to save much people alive.
Genesis 50:20

Oh, how frustrating the roadblocks of life are!
I don't want detours;
I don't want delays;
In essence, I want my way.

But just as God used an angel to spare Balaam
And God took Joseph on a detour to save the entire nation of Israel,
So he uses the detours in my life for my good or the good of others.

I haven't figured out the reasons for all the detours,
But the longer I live,
The more I understand some of the detours.
And I am reminded to be patient in them
And to let God do the work he want to in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment