Pages

Wednesday, April 19, 2023

New Life

 With bare root plants and trees, 
there is always a waiting and a wondering.

Will they survive the transplant?
Will they come out of dormancy?
Will they bear fruit?

I have been watching all of my little plants looking for life,
but especially the fruit trees and bushes.
What a joy when the first leaves appeared!
What a joy to see the new life!


The columnar apple tree even has the start of an apple blossom!

And then I thought,
about the desire for proof of life in my Christian walk.
Do others look at me and wonder if I will bare fruit?
Do they wonder if there will be a sign of life?
I hope not.
But just as I eagerly look for signs of life on my little plants,
I should be seeking to bring forth fruit.
The right soil is there if I am abiding in Christ.
The right food is there if I am reading His Word.

Those that be planted in the house of the Lord 
shall flourish in the courts of our God.
Psalm 92:13

No comments:

Post a Comment