Pages

Thursday, May 18, 2023

48 Years

It is Thankful Thursday
and I can't help but be thankful for another year.
Monday was #48.
It was a typical morning - Mondays are always cleaning days.
 But hubby took me out to Mission BBQ for dinner.
It is fairly new in our area and the meal was good (though a little pricey).
The added expense was willingly paid because all proceeds support military and public servants.
After dinner, hubby took me to Lowes - 
we bought plants and then promptly put them in the ground before the rain came on Tuesday.
We didn't have room for birthday cake - but it is waiting in the freezer when we are ready.
48 is a bit hard to say,
but despite the extra creaks and changes that come with age,
I can be thankful.

I am thankful for my health.
I am thankful for a husband who works hard and loves me even harder.
I am thankful for the effort he puts into staying close to God and into encouraging others as well.
I am thankful for God's provision of a home even when the economy is "not so great."
I am thankful for friends near and far who are a testimony of where God has walked beside us through many jobs, states, and homes.
I am thankful for a new church and ministry here.
I am thankful for God's grace for the unknown in the year ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment